The last sixty years have seen institutes at Manipal taking meticulous and meaningful steps to build reservoirs of intellectual wealth and academic excellence. In the process, Manipal Academy of Higher Education has created some of the country's best institutes/schools across several diverse streams like medicine, dentistry, nursing, engineering, pharmacy, hotel management, allied health, architecture and design, communication etc. Each institution/school at Manipal is geared to meet the same demanding standards to create great professionals and citizens by inspiring them in many ways.
Research has always been an area of paramount importance to Manipal Academy of Higher Education. The importance increased tremendously after obtaining the deemed university status. There has been a dramatic rise in the publications, doctoral degree awards and grants awarded by funding agencies since then.
To nurture and promote research activities of global standards.
To facilitate and contribute to research in all disciplines, thereby improving yield in terms of grants, research innovation, intellectual property and publications.
- To identify research priorities and initiate programmes.
- To seek research grants and promote focused research of national importance.
- To foster new collaborations and strengthen existing ones.
- To disseminate research findings in high impact publications.
- To provide logistics for researchers to implement ideas.
- To support IP related activities and Technology Transfer.