‘ASARE’ : A RAY OF HOPE FOR THE SPECIALLY ABLED
‘Asare’ – a trusted helping hand for the mentally challenged citizens was conceived jointly by Manipal Academy of Higher Education and Archana Trust with the noble ideals of providing a strong sense of support base to those who are unfortunately deprived of the natural mental growth due to varied reasons. It aims to help the mentally challenged regardless of the degree or type of the disability, caste, creed, race or religion, community, economic, or social background. The objective is to create a better world for the specially abled people and instill in them the belief that attitude is the biggest need for progress and every obstacle could be overcome with a strong will.
‘Asare’ is located in the Manipal Campus in a 1.5 acre land on hillside facing a valley to the northwest of Kasturba Medical College. It is both a home and vocational training and rehabilitation centre for the specially abled children. The proximity to KMC, Manipal provides the centre the required advantage in terms of accessibility to medical facilities.
Significant Markers in the March
2008: Foundation was laid to the ‘Asare’ building with the registration of Archana Trust and formation of ASARE Governing council
2009: Ground and first floor with 16 rooms and 2 multipurpose halls was inaugurated with 5 inmates and at the end of the year the number inmates increased to 18
2010: Inauguration of Autism and learning disorder centre
2011: Inauguration of Vocational training centre; Inauguration of 2 floor comprising 3 multipurpose halls and 5 rooms; inmate strength moved on to 29
2012: Inauguration of Ramp and of Computer Lab; number of inmates increased to 39
2013: Bhoomipooja for Amphitheatre construction; number of inmates increased to 43
‘Asare’ has separate residence for men and women. Each room is designed on twin sharing basis and has an attached bathroom and western toilet and two separate cots. Further, Asare provides the inmates a series of facilities such as washing machine, purified drinking water and solar hot water. It also provides housekeeping facilities, Medicare facilities and assistance of the qualified and experienced special educators on a regular basis. In addition to the full time care takers who looks after the centre, volunteers from Manipal Academy of Higher Education make sure that the inmates are not deprived of love and affection of the fellow human beings.
Vocational Training Centre Activities
The inmates are encouraged and trained to learn the following skills:
- Paper bag making
- Making envelops
- Areca nut plates making
- Craft flower making
- Greeting card making
Admission fee: Rs 2000
Deposit: Rs. 20,000
Monthly Fee: Rs. 6000
Day care: Rs.3000
Supporters to our cause
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education
- Mr.Purushotham Shetty Ujwal Developers Udupi
- Dr. Ranjan Pai, MD& CEO, Manipal edu & Med. group
- Dr. G.Shankar, Shamily Trust Ambalpadi Udupi
- Rotary Club Udupi Manipal
- Oscar Fernandis, Hon’ble Minister for Road & Transport Govt of India
- Rotary Club Udupi Manipal
- Parents of Inmates
- Dr.Dayanada Pai, Century builders Bangalore
Why Support Asare
By supporting the cause of ‘Asare’ , one could contribute to the society in a meaningful way. The overall aim of Asare is to promote the general well-being of the mentally challenged and the patients suffering from autism irrespective social and economic consideration.
Your support may bring the following changes:
- Create an ability among the mentally challenged to earn for their living
- Provide a ray of hope to the parents of specially abled children about the future
- Create an awareness in the society about its responsibility to the less fortunate among us
- Recognize the humanity that lies within everyone of us
How Support Asare
- You can sponsor one special child - residential inmate Rs.6000/- per month and Day care Rs.3000 per month.
- You can contribute our new project “Autistic Center” costing Rs.40 lakhs.
Bank Account details are as follows:
Name of the Bank: Syndicate Bank KMC Branch Manipal
Type of Account: SB
Account No: 02322200046925
IFSC Code: SYNB0000232
MICR No: 576025004